Queens Park, Bolton
Queens Park is a public park in Bolton, Great Manchester, England. The park has an estimated area of twenty-two acres. Initially referred to as Bolton Park in 1987, it was renamed after Queen Victoria to honor her. In the park stands three historical statues significant to Bolton. The first one is the statue of Disraeli, which was the first to be put up, followed by the statue of Fielding and finally the statue of Dorrian. This traditional park is located a few minutes’ walk from the Bolton town center and can be accessed through Spa road or Chorley road. Queens Park is opened all year and managed by Bolton Metropolitan Borough Council since its inception.
The park with grassland, woodland areas, and lakes has some attractions like;
- The Queens Park pie crust. The pie crust is so monumental that it’s also featured in some films. People come to the park to quench their curiosity, and also, those into history find this crust amazing.
- The Queens Park duck pond. This pond is located inside the park, and it’s home to many ducks and goose. With some bread, one can enjoy feeding them and watch them swim, quack, and spread their wings.
- The Queens Park playground. The play area was established in 1998, and ever since, it has become an attraction to the park. The fact that the park is close to the Holton town center, many people prioritize it when it comes to finding a family-friendly place to relax. Children can enjoy the playground as the adults breathe in the fresh air and absorb the ambiance of the park. In recent years, a café was set in the park for snacks and refreshments. Its availability comes in handy, especially with children.
- There is a lake in the park. This lake people come to fish and pass the time. Although not everyone is authorized to carry this activity, one can get a permit from the Holton town council.
- River walks. These river walks are an attraction to the Queens Park as the tracks are well taken care of, and even a wheelchair can pass through nicely.
- Amphitheatre. The ample open space in the park makes the park even more entertaining. People jog and play simple games in the park.
The Queen Park is a park that offers calm and serenity to its locals and tourists over the years.
Rockfield House, 512 Darwen Road