I have been professionally cleaning carpets, upholstery and rugs in Bolton for many years now. I often have people ask me about stain protection and is it worth the extra cost in addition to having your carpets or upholstery cleaned. In short the answer is YES it is worth it. Yes it costs more but you need to determine whether or not carpet protection is worth the money for you, you’ll have to consider your usage
1) Does someone in your home often make a mess and spill things on the carpet, or is your carpet getting a lot of wear and footfall?
2) Are there small children in the house or any animals prone to making a bit of a mess?
3) Do you allow drinks or food to be consumed in the carpeted areas?
4) Do you have a no shoes policy in your home if you don’t then all sorts will be dragged in on your carpet now?
5) How often do you dry vacuum your carpets? Come on be honest!
Consider the above then you can determine whether you believe it’s worth spending the extra money to make messes easier to clean and have carpets that will last longer and more than likely you won’t have to get them cleaned as often. It is of course your call!
So how does it all work?
When you spill something on your carpets or upholstery the fibres will absorb the mess almost immediately and you will notice a stain or a bad odour depending on what has been split on it. Had the carpets been treated with a carpet protector it would repell the dirt from the carpet fibres and create a barrier between the fibre and the spillage and give you that extra time to sort it before if seeps down into the carpet. Don’t get me wrong you still need to clean that mess up as soon as possible but it will make your life a lot easier and stains can be removed on the top of the carpets rather than deep down. Carpet protection doesn’t last for ever we recommend regular cleans and stain protection for all our clients.